Saturday, October 8, 2011

Of cameras and acts

I should have smiled when he took a photo of me.

I have been on TV, yes - a couple of times, but never on international news.Some news agency came to ask for on the interview about 10 days ago on the the floods here in Sindh and then someone from French 24 came and took some footages whilst we are moving into our house (if you call a-one-bedroom-for 14 people-a-house).

15 minutes of fame, here I come. And like I said, I should have smiled. But then looking around at the desperation of the IDPs, I decide to put on sad and serious face. It wasn't on my best angle, and I was wearing a rather pudgy vest -- but hey! a lot of people would kill for their 15 minutes of fame.

Have a scan on your TV channels - everywhere in world, there seems to be a competition showcasing the amazing hidden,some not so-amazing and downright rubbish talents showbusiness has. I admire the guts of those who shame themselves in front of the camera, but I guess before one starts to strut their voice and shrill their dances (you read it right) - they should ask first: "what would santa claus say?"

And so there I was thinking whether I should proceed wowing the world with my emotions, I decided to tone it down low and speak as truthfully as damn possible.

Jacklyn Jose, eat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment